NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THE CLASS SWEEPSTAKES (THE “SWEEPSTAKES”).
- Sponsor. The Sponsor is National Domestic Workers Alliance (“NDWA”), located at 45 Broadway, Suite 320, New York, NY 10006, [email protected].
- Eligibility. A PURCHASE, PAYMENT, OR FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. PROMOTION VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO INDIVIDUALS RESIDING IN ANY OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (THE “TERRITORY”) WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN YEARS OLD (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE STATE WHERE THE INDIVIDUAL RESIDES, WHICHEVER IS GREATER) AS OF SEPTEMBER 1, 2023. IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD A PRIZE TO YOU. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be received by Sponsor in the manner designated below. Directors, officers, and employees of Sponsor or any of its affiliates, and any of their respective agents, professional advisors, consultants, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate family members (spouse, parent, stepparent, child, stepchild, sibling, stepsibling, and their respective spouses), and persons living in the same household (whether related or not), of each are not eligible to win a prize. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes Period will begin at 8:00 am PDT on September 1, 2023, and will end at 11:59 pm PDT on September 28, 2023.
- How to Enter. Eligible participants enter the Sweepstakes by answering questions at https://www.domesticworkers.org/about-domestic-work/class-quiz/ during the Sweepstakes Period on topics relating to domestic workers and themes addressed in Stephanie Land’s books Class and Maid. After answering the questions, participants will be directed to an Entry Form to submit the participant’s name, email address, and phone number. Participants are not required to answer the questions correctly to complete and submit an Entry Form. In the alternative, eligible participants may skip answering the questions and enter the Sweepstakes simply by completing and submitting an Entry Form during the Promotion Period. The Entry Form can be found at https://act.domesticworkers.org/a/class-quiz.
- Prizes. Five (5) eligible participants who complete and submit an Entry Form during the Promotion Period will be selected by a random drawing from all eligible entries on September 29, 2023 to receive a prize. Each prize will consist of a pre-release copy of Stephanie Land’s book Class and a copy of Stephanie Land’s book Maid: Hard Work, Low Pay, and a Mother’s Will to Survive. All the books will be signed by Stephanie Land. The estimated retail value of each of the five prizes is fifty dollars ($50). Sponsor will notify the winners by email and/or text message sent to the email address and phone number listed on the winners’ Entry Forms. Winners must claim their prizes by October 3, 2023 at 12:00pm ET.
- Odds; Taxes; Etc. The odds of winning a prize are dependent on the number of eligible participants that submit Entry Forms. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. Any prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternative eligible participant if (a) two (2) attempts to contact a winner by text and/or e-mail are not successful, (b) a winner is not able or is not interested in receiving the prize won, (c) a prize is otherwise not claimed, or (d) the winner is ineligible or has been otherwise disqualified. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prize will be permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize.
- Disclaimer. Sponsor and its affiliates and each of their directors, officers, consultants, professional advisors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled, distorted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Sweepstakes disruptions, injuries, losses, or damages caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes.
- General Release. By entering the Sweepstakes , each participant releases Sponsor and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waives any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty, or other theory.
- Use of Winner Name and Likeness. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Sweepstakes constitutes permission to use each winner’s name and likeness for promotional purposes without further permission or compensation. Winners may be asked to submit a photo of themselves with their prize to be used by Sponsor for promotional purposes.
- Winner List. For a copy of the winner list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope before March 31, 2024, to Sponsor at the address listed in Section 1, Attn: Winner List.
- Miscellaneous. The Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed, construed, and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, without regard to its or any other jurisdiction’s choice of law provisions. Participants agree that the forum for any dispute shall be in the courts in New York County, New York. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. Sponsor reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Sweepstakes or anyone’s participation in the Sweepstakes should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control affect the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, or Sponsor otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Sweepstakes as planned. Participants who violate these Official Rules, violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes, tamper with the operation of the Sweepstakes, or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Sponsor, the Sweepstakes, or any other participant (in each case as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Sweepstakes. By submitting an Entry Form, each participant acknowledges that they have read, understands, and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and warrants that their entry in the Sweepstakes complies with these Official Rules.
- Questions. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, please e-mail them to [email protected].
Last Updated: August 30, 2023