With the passage of the Build Back Better Act delayed by the Senate, Congress is sitting on a historic investment in care that will lift working people of color who power our economy and our families. That’s why we’re making February a Month of Action for care. It’s a critical month to build momentum and show Congress that we have not forgotten the promise of support for families — including child care, paid family and medical leave, and home and community based services.
Take Action in February
Become a Care Champion today and let Congress know that inaction is not an option!
- Take Action: Call for Care! Join us on Monday, February 14, as we call our Senators to tell them not to break our hearts this Valentine’s Day and demand they invest in care NOW, including home and community based services. CALL 1-844-338-5133
- Share on Social: Home Care is Where the Heart is! On Monday, February 14, use our Valentine’s Day social media toolkit to urge your friends and family to make calls to the Senate and tell them to invest in care NOW and not break our hearts!
- Watch: You Just Want to Feel Free: Domestic Workers and Anti-Blackness. On Thursday, February 17 @ 5pm PT / 8pm ET, join We Dream in Black and NDWA for the first of two film screenings for Black History / Black Futures Month. You Just Want to Feel Free: Domestic Workers and Anti-Blackness is an original film made for the We Make History curriculum about how Black domestic workers have organized throughout history and today to demand dignity, respect, and freedom. Following the film we’ll have a panel discussion with We Dream in Black leaders featured in the film, and we’ll reflect on how our current work to win an investment in care is a part of the fight for Black liberation. This event will be held on Zoom and will have interpretation in English, Spanish, and Haitian Creole.
- Save the Date: #CareCantWait Summit! On Wednesday, February 23, the #CareCantWait coalition will host its second national summit, Time for Action, to lift up the urgency of caregiving solutions for our families. RSVP today!
- Be Heard: Call Your Senators! Join us on Thursday, February 24, as we make our voices heard! We’re calling our Senators again to tell them they MUST pass the Build Back Better Act with an investment in care including home and community based services (HCBS). Join our SMS list so we can text you when it’s time to call.
- The Build Back Better Act will save the average family $7,400, with investments in child care, health care, and education, and tax cuts for the middle class. See how you can benefit by checking out the #BuildBackBetterCalculator: http://BuildBackBetterCalculator.org