NDWA Labs is the innovation arm of the National Domestic Workers Alliance, one of the most dynamic and successful social change organizations in the world. Our premier product, Alia, is the first portable benefits platform that enables independent domestic workers to access benefits they need through their work. We are looking for an ambitious Product Manager to spearhead a product and growth strategy for Alia.
The Problem We’re Solving: The way we work is changing. Without a bold plan and new solutions, it won’t end well for most of us. The rise of the gig economy and freelancing is widening the massive hole in our social safety net. More and more people are working independently without the economic scaffolding benefits such as paid sick days or workers compensation provides. We’re harnessing the power of design and technology to finally do something about it for millions of low-wage workers who power our economy.
Who We Are: Call us crazy, but we’re building new solutions to fix really, really old problems. Experimentation is in our DNA. We see value where others don’t and we make visible what’s always been invisible . At our core, we think that if people work, they deserve benefits. We’re obsessed with workers, and we’re the ones to bring every conversation--whether about the future of work, the gig economy on the social safety net--back to what workers need. We love sitting at the uncomfortable intersection of nonprofit / labor organization / tech startup. We’re not afraid to try 5 not-so-great ideas to get to 1 really good one, but we want to interrogate the data and make a call quickly.
About You: You’re a seasoned product leader who wants to roll up her sleeves to build something great. You are a data-obsessed leader who is meticulous about targets and KPIs, but can also assess the long-term through growth and forecasting. You’re constantly asking, ‘ok, what do we need to learn to get there?’ and easily pick up the phone to call users and simply find out. You know how to build teams because you’re empathic, open, and honest in your communication and expectations.You’re fascinated by the way technology intersects with the way we live, with a healthy dose of concern for the direction we’re headed.You are deeply committed to creating more value that we capture. You believe that if people work, they deserve benefits.
The Role: You will lead a dedicated, creative and passionate team to build and scale the first portable benefits platform in the country. We’re in a critical, early stage and we need to make progress methodically but quickly. Key responsibilities include:
Managing Product Development Cycle
- Lead and guide all aspects of product and business strategy for Alia including marketing and growth, user experience, and product iterations
- Oversee product planning processes and sprints, growth experiments and day-to-day operations and execution
- Continually refine product and business strategy by analyzing quantitative and qualitative data
- Establish requirements based on market trends, analytics and researched customer needs.
- Develop a scalable and impactful business model with a goal of reaching 30,000 users within nine to twelve months
- Design and execute monetization experiments and business model testing
Managing Team & Resources
- Set goals, manage expectations, and supervise a growing, highly dedicated team
- Oversee Alia’s P&L and allocate budget resources for personnel, marketing, infrastructure and more; experience with technology budgets (Capex/ Opex) strongly preferred
- Work with staff to oversee execution of effective growth campaigns, hold the product roadmap, run efficient development sprints, expand worker benefit offerings, implement effective partnerships, and improve internal operations
- Manage and grow a cross functional team (marketing, partnerships, support, product, engineering, operations) to reach acquisition, growth and impact goals
- Work cross-department to align goals and articulate priorities
Experience & Skills
- Must have 3 years direct experience building a digital product in a product manager role
- Must have 5 years supervision experience leading cross functional, diverse teams in a product, project, or program management or director role at a technology company
- Must have deep understanding of product research, development, test life cycles and track record in planning and overseeing execution
- Deep familiarity and understanding of conversion funnels and optimizing across touchpoints in a user journey
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Have a strong commitment to NDWA/NDWA Labs’ mission and vision
Women, People of Color, People with Disabilities and LGBTQ people strongly urged to apply. Applications will only be accepted electronically. Applicant reviews and interviews to begin in May 2019. Please include a resume and cover letter (with you minimum salary requirement) when applying: https://domesticworkers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24
Full and generous health, dental, vision and paid time off benefit coverage included for employee and immediate family members